€3500 - €6500 per month plus excellent secondary benefits, projects and environment
5 months ago
Job title: Senior Embedded Software Engineer / Developer (experience with OS for microcontrollers (freertos or zephyr)
Salary: €3500 - €6500 per month plus excellent secondary benefits, projects and environment
Passionate about sustainability and making the world a better place using low power solutions and RTOS?
Here's your chance to work for a revolutionary IoT company aiming to be the global market leader in 'low-power' for sensing and tracking! You'll work as an Embedded Software Engineer for a true pioneer who is leading the way in IoT developments in this field based between Amsterdam and Utrecht.
What you'll do:
- As a Senior Embedded Software Developer / Engineer you'll have experience of C/C++.
- You'll be responsible for programming embedded devices by yourself and also within a team.
- You will work closely together with the other embedded hardware, software and mechanical engineers in a tight-knit team on breath-taking projects that are up there in terms of IoT tech .
- You'll have a good understanding and experience with microcontrollers, analogue and digital circuits and using these in a low-power setup.
Among some international projects, here’s what you could work on for blue-chip companies:
- A special bike that plays a collective role in collecting data about the air so that individuals and governments would be better aware of the environment. It measures the air every ten seconds and sends the data to the Data Platform of our business partner every minute, similar to the ones on mobile phones but made specifically for low-powered IoT applications.
- A solar-powered, robust cattle tracking device. For communication, they have embedded a LoRaWAN-based 32-bit microcontroller module, so the devices can connect either over a public network, such as Everynet or The Things Network. This tracker helps a herder, farmer and ranger know the exact geographical location of an animal whenever they need it.
On top of all this, they are a small, people-focused organisation that has a family feel, ensuring that their employees needs are met, if not exceeded. This is what makes them who they are.
You in a nutshell:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related discipline
- Professional proficiency in English (speaking & writing), Dutch is a bonus
- At least 2 years in Embedded Software Development
- Strong programming skills in C/C++, other languages are a bonus
- Experience with debugging embedded systems (over JTAG, SWD etc)
- Be able to design and develop software which meets customers’ technical requirements
- Experience and working knowledge of low-level protocols such as I2C, SPI & UART
- Be able to prepare and maintain technical documentation
- Be able to design and execute test plans and analyse and document the results
- Is able to work within a team and provide (and handle) constructive feedback during design reviews
- Open to learning new skills, using new tools and technologies
Preferred (optional) skills:
- Experience with ultra low power, highly resource-constrained, embedded devices.
- Experience with LoRa, GSM or LTE (CAT-M1, CAT-NB1).
- Ability to write drivers for external components such as sensor modules.
- Experience with Real Time Operating Systems (FreeRTOS, Zephyr, RIOT etc)
- Knowledge of networking protocols TCP/UDP/COAP/HTTP/MQTT etc.
- Experience with the Arduino Platform
What’s on offer:
- An open, informal yet professional working environment where pushing your boundaries is encouraged
- A ground-breaking working environment where new developments are made regularly that are changing the way of the world using IoT
- Freedom and autonomy where you provide direct value
- Good salary as well as professional development plans and training
- 25 days’ holiday
- Bi-monthly meet-ups