Our client is an award-winning organization, being one of the largest dedicated Google Cloud practices in Europe and one of the world’s leading cloud transformation experts. Their offering is ground-breaking - a unique full stack Google Cloud solution for businesses, encompassing cloud migration, transformative working and IT infrastructure, through to machine learning, big data and app development.
With its Head Office in the UK, they are recognised in the Deloitte Fast 50 and Fast 500 for EMEA among others. While their focus is on excellence, it is also on people. Their employees are top notch and are based in the UK, The Netherlands (Utrecht) and Germany.
As a senior member of the Professional Services Team based in Utrecht, you will act as a Project Manager by managing and delivering large scale multiple projects covering infrastructure and application migration, software development and data migrations to public cloud hosted services for customers.
What type of person are we looking for?:
You will be:
· An experienced IT Project Manager, preferably with experience of managing cloud migrations to public cloud.
· Confident communicating with customers at all levels
· Able to operate on your own
· Fun outlook and personality
· Highly motivated and motivating
· A proven leader
· Forward thinking / innovative in mindset
Setting and creating plans and forecasts for our client and their customers, based on the service today and vision for the future. You will be confident and capable of executing the plan and completing against set milestones and budget as well as:
● Clear and precise definition in the initiation of projects.
● Preparing and maintaining project plans including resource and cost estimates.
● Identifying Critical Success Factors for client satisfaction and achieving them through the project lifecycle culminating in high satisfaction scores.
● Planning, monitoring and controlling multiple large scale cloud migration projects through all phases of the project lifecycle.
● Managing the production of the required deliverables.
● Maintaining forecasts to complete and working with colleagues to ensure timely project reporting, billing of assigned projects and commercial outcomes.
● Managing project issues and risks, including the development of issue resolution and risk mitigation plans. Dealing with conflict, priority setting and working under pressure.
● Managing project dependencies with other project managers and clients.
● Customer and internal reporting of project progress through the production of status presentations based on written highlight reports.
● Producing end project reports and lessons learned reports.
● Demonstrate the ability to thrive within a fast paced, demanding environment whilst maintaining high standards and a customer centric approach.
Key skills required:
● Management expertise, with the ability to understand and motivate people.
● Experience of delivering multiple projects for external customers simultaneously.
● A detailed knowledge of a project management methodology, including Waterfall and Agile principles.
● A working knowledge of IT where you are able to collaborate with technical specialists and take ownership of solutions.
● Dutch language is mandatory.
● Client meetings to be attended or held by video conference.
● Willingness to travel to client sites staff across multiple office locations
● A sound understanding at a basic level of core project financial disciplines such as tracking actual costs against plan and maintaining cost to complete estimates.
What will you get in return?
· A people-centred, award winning, ground-breaking Google cloud based international company
· A free, healthy lunch at the office
· An abundance of training to get you to where you need to be
· A supportive, fun, open working environment
· Experts on hand to bounce ideas off and share knowledge with
· No set holiday days – you decide
· Flexible working locations
· Dedicated career /growth paths
· Low management input
· Trustworthy, adult working environment that encourages freedom
· Competitive salary and secondary benefits
· An NS rail card or fuel mileage to cover all your travel expenses instead of a lease car.