€45000 - €75000 + 13th month + holiday pay + exceptional working conditions and projects
about 2 months ago
Location: Utrecht Head Office, some WFH, some travel, Fridays in the office
Salary and package: €45000 - €75000 + 13th month + holiday pay + exceptional working conditions and projects
Language requirements: English / Dutch (an advantage but not required)
Do you like skiing, biking and fun weekends away? Do you like to challenge yourself daily among a group of highly talented ML peers? Love working on ML/DL projects in your spare time? Awesome at MLOPs? Read on…!
Are you passionate about building scalable solutions for big companies such as Heineken and VodafoneZiggo? As an MLOps Engineer, with a great infrastructure, you can produce great machine learning models at our client who is a leading Data Science consultancy based in Utrecht.
This isn’t the standard detachering model – this is a boutique company focusing on Data Science, Data engineering and ML tech that truly cares about its employees, empowering them to push their boundaries by focusing on their personal development. For their clients, we focus on creating business value with innovative data solutions that have sustainable impact.
What you do:
As an MLOps Engineer you:
- design and implement scalable solutions that enable data scientists to put their machine learning models in production.
- write infrastructure-as-code to build a Kubernetes cluster from scratch,
- create a fully-fledged data science laboratory environment with Terraform or design and deploy CI/CD pipelines.
- know what goes on in the mind of a data scientist. On some projects, you will assist them in bringing their applications to production, while on other projects you might set up an Airflow cluster to run their batch jobs.
A lot of their clients work with the latest tech, whether it’s Tensorflow (including TF Serving/TFX), Seldon Core or Kubeflow. You will also work extensively with cloud technology on AWS, Azure, Google Cloud or a private cloud environment.
What could you work on?
- Simplifying banking for European citizens for a start up of a national bank
- Detecting contaminants in animal feed for a farming company
- Predicting passengers that will miss their flights for a global airline
- You know your way around machine learning infrastructure and their workloads. You understand the needs of our clients and you are able to translate these into reasonable actions.
- The following qualities are our baseline for what we expect from you, but feel free to challenge these if your skills complement us in other ways!
- Masters degree in computer science, artificial intelligence, distributed systems or similar
- Experience with cloud platforms (Azure, AWS, Google Cloud)
- Hands-on data/software engineering experience. You are able to build applications and are familiar with best practices such as CI/CD, testing and coding standards
- Python and/or Scala have no secrets for you, especially in the context of data processing and data applications
- Knowledge of modern data technologies, tools, platforms and infrastructures, such as Spark, Kafka, Airflow and Kubernetes
- Knowledge of machine learning frameworks and tools
- You have good soft skills and business affinity
- Our work usually requires a combination of Dutch and English proficiency. Your English should be good, both written and spoken. Next to that, either your native language is Dutch, or you can speak enough Dutch for social talk while having the drive to become fluent.
What’s the working environment like?
- 25 employees
- Culture of growth and collaboration
- Motivated by helping and challenging each other, sharing knowledge
- Hugely rewarding on a personal level and financially
Other reasons to join:
- A competitive salary in line with your experience and potential
- Contract for a year with the intention to extend this to a permanent contract
- Holiday pay PLUS 13th month arrangement
- Plenty of opportunities for learning and development, such as following training and visiting conferences
- Great office Fridays, with breakfast, lunch and snacks
- An open and informal culture, with a shared love for tech. For example, we have developed our own facial recognition system for our foosball table where matches and scores are automatically registered
- Room to work on innovative hobby projects, such as deep learning on TPUs, experimenting with MLFlow, or exploring the newest features of cloud platforms