7 months ago
Embedded Software developer
Overview of job responsibilities:
As an embedded software developer you’re responsible for programming embedded devices by
yourself and also within a team. You will work closely together with the other embedded hardware,
software and mechanical engineers in a tight knit team on breath-taking projects that are up there in terms of IoT tech . The main language spoken in our office is English and you will
fluent. Being a small company of around 30 employees, you’ll need to be flexible to quickly switch between tasks and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
You will need to have a good understanding and have experience with microcontrollers, analogue and digital circuits and using these in a low-power setup.
● Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related discipline
● Professional proficient in English (speaking & writing), Dutch is a bonus
● At least 2 years in Embedded Software Development
● Strong programming skills in C/C++, other languages are a bonus
● Experience with debugging embedded systems (over JTAG, SWD etc)
● Be able to design and develop software which meets customers’ technical requirements
● Experience and working knowledge of low level protocols such as I2C, SPI & UART
● Be able to prepare and maintain technical documentation
● Be able to design and execute test plans and analyse and document the results
● Is able to work within a team and provide (and handle) constructive feedback during design
● Open to learning new skills, using new tools and technologies
Preferred (optional) skills:
● Experience with ultra low power, highly resource constrained, embedded devices.
● Experience with LoRa, GSM or LTE (CAT-M1, CAT-NB1).
● Ability to write drivers for external components such as sensor modules.
● Experience with Real Time Operating Systems (FreeRTOS, Zephyr, RIOT etc)
● Knowledge of networking protocols TCP/UDP/COAP/HTTP/MQTT etc.
● Experience with the Arduino Platform
What’s on offer:
· An open, informal working environment where pushing your boundaries is encouraged
- A ground-breaking working environment where new developments are made regularly that are changing the way of the world using IoT
- Work on inspiring, breath-taking IoT projects
- 25 days’ holiday
- Bi-monthly meet ups
- Really strong family culture / team spirit which is warm and encouraging