market conform salary + excellent secondary benefit
3 months ago
Job Title: Senior DevOps Engineer
Location: Haarlem Head Office, some travelling required
Language requirements: English
Other requirements: Applicants must be living in NL
We're buzzing as we are helping our awesome client grow with inspiring DevOps engineers! As a DevOps Engineer, how would you like to help customers move from legacy software to the cloud? Want to work somewhere that is encourages you to push your boundaries, speak at conferences and blog, in the company's time? Our client has the ability to solve ‘unsolvable’ problems with a team who has the ability to combine and balance technical and non-technical skills? Here is the opportunity for you!
As a DevOps Engineer for a slightly wacky, ambitious, innovative cloud migration company in Haarlem, you:
- will set up new cloud environments
- will migrate existing data centres to the cloud using the latest tech on the market.
- prefer to automate everything you can and you use provisioning scripts to automate all your tasks, without shell access.
- Test what you develop and you know that everything can always be improved.
- push your boundaries beyond where they have been before, giving presentations, writing blogs and anything that you feel is interesting for you.
- will support customers in implementing DevOps solutions and provide training where necessary; and
- will share knowledge with your clients, give presentations, webinars, write blogs and participate in internal and external events.
- Will participate in modernising existing IT solutions for customers which are considered high risk and are responsible for a significant part of the clients’ revenue
Requirements to qualify for at least an interview, you:
- have an education at the higher vocational (HBO) or academic (university) level and have an excellent command of the English language;
- have at least 3 years of experience as a DevOps Engineer or as an Engineer in a development/management team in a complex (cloud) environment;
- previously worked as a Lead Developer, Architect or Technical Tester and are now ready for your next step;
- have experience with things like Agile, Scrum, Software Development, DevOps, CI/CD and have Google Cloud or AWS in your DNA and you love to have vigorous discussions about it;
- have experience with many different techniques and can apply them where necessary; and
- have an insatiable urge to learn new tech, want to continuously develop yourself and share all the knowledge you have;
What you’ll get in return:
- A flexible, open working approach in a flat organisation structure
- Friendly bunch of colleagues to work with and bounce ideas of, learn from and laugh with
- Inspiring and somewhat exotic field excursions with family and colleagues
- Financial rewards for speaking at conferences and blogging
- A lot of fun in wacky social activities with your colleagues and their families
- 25 days’ holiday
- A supportive and encouraging working environment where everything is possible
- laptop, phone, expenses
- mobility allowance
- market conform salary + excellent secondary benefits