Competitive plus freedom, and exceptional career development
3 months ago
Our client, based in a retro office in Utrecht, creates tailor-made solutions for your Big data issues for high-end customers in the Netherlands. They do this fast and they do this smart.
In the role of Data Engineer you are responsible for setting up and maintaining data landscapes and retrieving, processing, editing and making available the content of these landscapes. You work together with many stakeholders in order to arrive at a scalable, reliable and flexible solution that is easy to work with.
Knowledge and Experience Required:
- Performing systematic data quality checks
- Analyzing and optimizing database performance
- Knowledge of one or more programming languages (such as JAVA, SCALA, C ++, C #) (Programming)
- skills in data analysis tools (such as Python, Hadoop)
- Knowledge of big data processing (such as MapReduce, Spark, Apache Kafka and Flink)
- Knowledge of big data storage (such as HDFS, Hive, HBASE, Cassandra, MongoDB, Neo4J, FlockDB)
- Knowledge of search engines (such as ElasticSearch)
- Applying Machine Learning and techniques
Current projects include:
- Combining ship travel data in order to optimize downtime on the dock
- Setting up a microservices architecture in order to provide emergency service calls with additional social media info / optimizing the workforce
- Setting a payment system (blockchain) for care payments in Africa
How will you be rewarded for your hard work?
- Innovative projects with leading clients
- A challenging job in a young growing company
- An environment where you really make the company together (and we mean that!)
- A team of colleagues, where cooperation, quality and fun are central
- An inspiring work environment in which your own input is valued and rewarded (and is simply a must)
- Very attractive salary, spacious bonus scheme combined with a comprehensive package of secondary conditions.
- 26 days’ holiday
- Lease car, laptop
- Flexible working conditions