€45,000 - €70,000+ latest tools + car + perm contract + freedom
11 months ago
Cloud Ops Engineer
Our client is a brilliant Cloud focused start up based in Utrecht that has a handful of sister companies all with the same philosophy - true, honest work and functioning as a family, but with professionalism. They use the newest technologies and hunt them out before they appear on the market. To work with them, you will need to be extraordinary. Driven, hard-working, committed and ready to learn a lot.
You get the cloud. You know the leading cloud providers (AWS or GCP or Azure) and are able to design secure, resilient, perform and cost optimized cloud infrastructures. Lift and shift is simply not ambitious enough.
You are passionate about infrastructure. And able to communicate and coach the advantages of the cloud to both business, agile teams in DevOps cloud development. They get that you get the public cloud and through you become as passionate as you for building cloud native applications.
You are a polyglot developer/scripter and would almost call yourself programmer: Bash, Python, Perl (just joking, no not Perl)
There is no infrastructure that has not been coded, no service deployment that has not been automated.
Asking for a strong agile background is superfluous for you. Without agile there is no DevOps.
- build Dev, Test, Prod environments as code. With cloud native AWS, Google or Azure tooling. With a CI/CD environment optimal for containers or serverless architectures in the cloud.
- manage, monitor and finetune applications optimally
- Understand, implement, and automate security controls, secure network segmenting and secrets management in a dynamic (multicloud) environment.
- Understand how to design and implement hybrid cloud environments.
What will you do?
We have a project where we need right now 1 -2 cloud ops engineers.
It's a healthcare platform built in the cloud (AWS) that enables Nigerians and Kenyans to book doctor appointments, safe money for healthcare. It's already in production. 3-4 teams, Amsterdam, Kenya, Nigeria. It needs a serious cloud infrastructure specialist to redesign the architecture.
Wait. There is more?
- Experience in Site Reliability Engineering
- AWS / GCP/ Microsoft Cloud certifications
- Experience with several Hashicorp products (Terraform, Nomad, Vault)
Awesome, we are speechless. Again.
- A family like environment. We understand that people don’t want to be assets but a culture where attention and care for everyone is the top priority.
- Projects that match with what you want. Because we take the time and attention to find something that fits for you, and not any sales targets.
- A culture of continuous learning. We understand that this is the primary drive and motivation for people with passion for technology. With meetups, brown bag sessions and Campus Fridays.
- A work environment where your vision counts and can become part of the company and its culture. Where personal input is valued and rewarded (actually it’s a must). Particularly when you are here from day one.
- The ambition to become known as the Authority (on Data or Cloud) where Cloud Dev and Cloud Ops become one DevOps. Become a certified cloud ninja master devops and let us praise you for it.
- The best manager duo since Pinky & the Brain, Kirk and Spock, Mulder and Scully. With the right technical and business background to understand the passion and drive of software developers and engineers.
- Excellent training budget of €3000,- and 5 days/year. We trust that you are the best person to decide yourself what you need to grow.
- You want to speak at international conferences? We’ll support you where we can, and here’s €2000,- trainingsbudget extra if you do.
- A laptop of your choice. No, it does not have to be a Dell, HP or Lenovo. You tell us what to buy and we’ll take care of it.
- A company car or travel expenses
- More primary and secondary benefits with an excellent bonus scheme
- Fun. Sometimes its that simple.